Terms of Service
This terms of service page is a work-in-progress.
(1) Agreement: By entering ThePageOfReason.com, you agree to abide by all of its terms of service and privacy policies.
(2) Ownership: This website is owned and operated as a sole proprietorship by Orrin Smith under the laws and regulations of the United States of America and the U.S. State of Texas. Welcome to Texas!
(3) Philosophy: The contents of this website are about fundamental philosophy. The essential tool of philosophy is reason. Within fundamental philosophy, reason dominates emotion, and thereby emotions become enriched. If you understand and practice this idea while reading this website’s content, then you should be able to understand and enjoy your readings.
(4) Service Fees: Information about service fee payments primarily reside on this website’s Service Fees page.
(5) Refunds (EDDM Service Fees): In regards to United States Postal Service (USPS) Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) service fees for Great Persuasion sub-projects, once a sub-project’s payment has been submitted to the EDDM service providing agent, no payment refunds will be made.
(6) Refunds (Other Service Fees): In regards to any and all other types and forms of service fee payments to the Great Persuasion project, no payment refunds will be made.
(7) Refunds (Royalty Payments): Information about reprint royalties primarily reside on this website’s Reprints page. In regards to reprint royalty payments, no refunds will be made.
(8) Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, and Refund Policies (Other Websites): If you exit this website, and go to another website that provides products and/or services, then that website’s terms of service, privacy policies, and refund policies strictly apply. Neither this website, nor its owners, are responsible for any aspect of your interactions and/or transactions with any other product and/or service provider.
(9) Incidental Income: We earn modest commission-type income for qualifying purchases and subscriptions from several third-party providers: primarily Amazon and the Great Courses Plus. Others such sources of incidental advertising income may exist on this website. However, this website does not exist to generate income from third-party advertising commissions. It is neither our intention, nor our practice, to present any form of advertising on this website that does not directly relate to our philosophical purpose, or that might distract our visitors from that purpose.