- To present valid cause-and-effect evidence that The Great Persuasion is producing substantial rational value.
- To inspire independent Able-Leadership work.
- To encourage financial support for this project.
The finest grained data that we display on this website is the city from which viewers’ devices connect to this website. If any other “routine” user identification data is collected for us by Google Analytics (see below: Further Definitions), we do not use it, and we do not share any collected data with anyone. If you traverse to Amazon, PayPal, or The Great Courses websites from this website, then you come under the auspices of those websites’ privacy policies.
For many technical and regulatory reasons, it is just not possible to acquire and maintain precise technical website statistics. This fact applies, without exception, to every website on Earth. However, by employing just a few simple data items, we are able to substantially enhance the value of this website’s technical statistics.
We acquire all of our technical data from Google Analytics. Extensive methods have been implemented to filter-out web bots and crawlers. Core team activities are also blocked from Google Analytics data collection. For more detailed information, reference the Further Definitions section below.
Our technical data is presented in the following reports:
- Effects Reports:
- Cities Map
- Cities Table
- Regions Table
- Countries Table
- Recent Sessions
- Recent Pageviews
- Global Charts (prepared for us by SeeTheStats.com)
The Core Activities Reports represent the direct activities of The Great Persuasion Core Team, and of significant financial contributors. As this project progresses, we will be able to generate further non-technical reports, such as reprint license purchases, book purchases, Great Courses Plus enrollments, contribution summaries, etc.
- Core Activities:
- Direct Propagations
- Zips Serviced
- Zip Partners
- Honored Partners
- The Original Page:
- Except for the Original page, all other pages on this website instruct search engines to not index them.
- Most search engines (google.bot, bing.bot, etc.) respect those instructions, but some do not.
- Furthermore, independent links from external web pages will most often link to the Original page.
- Therefore, you will find that the Original page is highly prevalent on the Recent Pageviews page.
- Google Analytics Data:
- Google Analytics collects session, pageview, and click event data from this website as it occurs.
- Google Analytics states that it can take 24–48 hours to process the data before it becomes ready for extraction.
- That 24–48 hour period seems to apply to complex data.
- In our experience, our very simple data requirements are ready for extraction in about 1-hour.
- We extract our Google Analytics data once every 15-minutes.
- It then takes another few minute to populate our reports.
- However, the data for the SeeTheStat charts is only extracted once per day by SeeTheStats.
- “(not set)” is the value that Google sends when they are not presently able to provide data.
- Sessions are website visits.
- A new session begins, or an existing one ends, subsequent to a site-selected period of inactivity (no clicks, of any kind).
- For this website, 1-hour is the site-selected period.
- Also, an existing session always ends at midnight, and a new session then begins.
- United States & Canada Central Time: Coordinated Universal Time minus 5 hours.
- Pageviews occur only within sessions.
- A pageview is counted each time that a page is loaded or reloaded by a menu item click, or by a browser page refresh.
- Opening pdf files or external website links are not counted as pageviews.
- It is not possible to determine to what degree, if any, that a page might have been read.
- The Recent Sessions Page:
- During the same minute, different users may just happen to start a session.
- During the same minute, a single user may start sessions from different viewing devices, or after they clear their browser’s cache.
- On nearly the same day, a zip-code sub-project directs many thousands of users to this website.
- Occasionally, creepy robots may slip through all filters and do creepy things.
- You may even see multiple session records that occur within sequential minutes.
- You may be able to see further details of these creepy activities on the Recent Pageviews Report.
- With the tools and time that we possess, it is neither practical nor necessary to carve out these occasional distinctions.
- The Recent Pageviews Page:
- Obviously, a visitor will often view multiple pages within a session.
- However, on this page, you may also see further details of creepy robot action.
- Refer to the immediately previous note on The Recent Sessions Page.
- Website activity does not necessarily indicate that reading or thinking activities have occurred.
- Furthermore, it is not possible to reliably record time spent on this website, or on specific pages.