This terms of service page is a work-in-progress.
(1) Agreement: By entering ThePageOfReason.com, you agree to abide by all of its terms of service and privacy policies.
(2) Cookies: We do not set any cookie, unless it is absolutely necessary to perform this website’s basic functions. We do not set any cookie that records any type of personal information. Cookies that we do set are only necessary while you are logged-in to our website. Such cookies will either be automatically removed upon your logout, or otherwise can be removed by means of your browser’s cookie clearing function.
(3) IP Addresses (Basic): It is impossible for either the internet or a website to function without IP (internet protocol) addresses. For all websites, all “hits” are recorded in website usage logs. These logs always record the hit’s IP address along with its relevant website access information. In order to effectively administer a website, website administrators analyze these usage logs, and may act upon their findings. From time to time, we may choose to permanently delete “some” history from our usage logs. However, we undertake no obligation to perform such deletions. When not registered as a member of this website, we do not possess any of your personal information.
(4) IP Addresses (Location): We use IP addresses to identify internet server city locations, which are not necessarily, and often are not, the city location of individual computing devices. We employ this location information to produce statistical reports. These reports can only be viewed by logged-in website members, and only represent the activities of logged-in members. These reports can be viewed on the GP Effects report pages, which are accessed from the website’s GP Reports sub-menu. Notes and definitions for these reports reside on the GP Reports page.
Until a few members have registered, the GP Effects reports will include non-logged-in website activity (lots of robots), but again, we do not possess any personal information for non-registered users.
(5) Account Registration: The only registration information that is absolutely required by this website is a verified email address and a strong password. Any further personal information that you provide on your user profile, will always exist on your profile, and you will always be able to see, modify, or delete this personal information.
(6) Account Deletion: If you choose to have your registered account deleted, then send us an email from the contact page with only “Please Delete My Account” in the subject line. We will respond within an unspecified, but reasonable, time frame. Once your account is deleted we will not presently possess any of your personal information, and it will soon roll-off of our website backups.
(7) Communications (Retention): All communications that we receive from you, whether by email, posted forms, comments, or otherwise, will be retained by us, indefinitely, as part of our business records.
(8) Communications (Comments): Work-in-progress.